Did you know...
• ovarian cancer causes more deaths than any other type of female reproductive cancer?
• the cause of ovarian cancer is unknown?
• because symptoms are ambiguous, ovarian cancer often goes undiagnosed? [source]
• every year, about 15,000 women in the United States alone will die of ovarian cancer. [source]
When ModCloth contacted me about their efforts to raise awareness of ovarian cancer, I was so excited to support this cause. The vintage-inspired and always chic company will be participating in Frocktober, an all-month initiative to raise funds for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation in Australia. Frocktober means exactly what you think it does—wear a lovely dress in honor of ovarian cancer!
ModCloth is also donating 20% of the proceeds from the Frocktober Dress, an absolutely perfect dress for fall, to this very worthy cause.
Celebrating Frocktober is easy! Just wear a frock, and spread the word about ovarian cancer. These lovely ladies are doing it: Tieka of Selective Potential, Jen of Jen Loves Kev, Kaelah Bee of Little Chief Honeybee. You can also host a frock swap, challenge friends to participate or simply blog about the cause and how you're celebrating. It's easy to get the word out, and programs like this can help detect cancer in its early stages—creating better outcomes for women around the world.
[zig zag dress: Everly via Sosie// moccasins: Minnetonka// horn pendant: Hallelu// tights: Uniqlo// watch and gold necklace: Fossil]
Here are some of my recent favorite ModCloth frocks:
1. Key to the Pretty Dress// 2. Handle With Square Dress// 3. Frocktober Dress// 4. Champagne Bar Dress// 5. Seeing Bubble Dress// 6. Fits Me to a Pea Dress// 7. Primary Predilection Dress// 8. Ne-on Trend Dress// 9. All that You Can Brioche Dress// 10. Draping Devotion Dress